Thursday, October 15, 2015

Letter Project Reflection

1.  The brainstorming and drafting were the most helpful steps for me because the brainstorming allowed me to think of things that i related to the letter G, however by going farther and coming up with more possibilities, i was able to think of new ideas that i would not have originally thought of. Then the drafting allowed me to visual exactly what i would have to do to create my different ideas, and figure out which concept would best convey the letter. I began thinking of ideas that began with the letter G as a basis and then connecting other ideas to the original ones that began with G. When people saw my thumbnails most people liked the germ idea, so my positive peer feedback on the germ is what lead me to choosing that one.



2. The main things I did in my design to make it look like a germ was add flagellum (lines) around the edge because it is associated with images of germs. Also by making the shapes outline curvy it made it more visually recognizable as a germ. 








3. The most challenging aspect of this project for me was choosing which concept i would use for my final because there were many possibilities.We worked on so many different ideas and there were many that i liked so it was hard choosing which would lead to the best end result. Also it was difficult keeping the colors constant because colored pencils leave white spots and it hard to make the color even. I had to make multiple layers of color for all the white of the page to be evenly covered.


4. I am satisfied with my project because it looks very similar to what i pictured it to be when i began with my idea. However, i think i would be more satisfied if I used a different a different art supply besides colored pencil. I think for larger areas colored pencil didn't look as professional. I am satisfied with my final product but i would like it more if i colored it using sharpies or something that produces more uniform color.


5.If I could change something about my design i think i would make it more intricate overall. So i think i would choose a design that was more detailed because i think my idea was too simple and i wish my end product was more visually interesting. I would choose concept that has more details and components. 

No comments:

Post a Comment