Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Portrait Transformation Reflection

1. The concept for my project was street art. I decided to use my three year old niece as my subject and I edited her into look like she was graffiti on a wall. I used pictures where she seemed angry and then in contrast I used a photo in which she looked playful and silly. I also used colorful flowers as part of my project to show another contrast and kind of make the picture bittersweet.

2. To place the pink flower in her hand, first I found an image online of a flower. Then I used the magnetic lasso tool to outline and select the flower. Next I copied and pasted the flower onto my main image.Next I added a mask layer to the flower layer. I moved the flower near her hand, and used the paint brush tool to blend out the area where her hand and the stem of the flower met, so the background would show through. If I erased too much, I was able to make it show again by painting with black.
3. Title: Flower Child
4. I am happy with my project. I like the way it looks and I feel like it is very similar to what I pictured in my head. I wish I would have added some kind of extra edition to the background. I would have liked to add some paint or added something to make it look slightly more realistic.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this project because of how much you edited your original fotographs to make it look like grafiti

    ReplyDelete